Monday, December 04, 2006

Dear God I Hope HE Uses Contraceptives, Because Lord Knows He's Not Abstinent

Rush is back from vacation! Check it out!

Oh gee... I hate to point this out, but... Did Rush get dumber while he was away? I mean, I know he has a problem understanding statistics (like much of the Right Wing), but c'mon...

Let's spell it out for him. Yes, Rush, Abstinence works every time it's tried. The point of the study was to show that despite "abstinence only" education programs, the teenagers are not going to try it. If you want to curb teen pregnancy, you need to first teach the whole truth, including contraception. Personally, I think if you want to curb teen sex in general, you need to make greater changes across the board, such as giving teenagers something more engaging to focus on. Tall order, I know, but that's a debate for another day.

Does Rush really think that researchers, who spent all that time and education culling data and putting together a report, are so stupid as to think that girls are getting pregnant by NOT having sex? No, I don't think Rush is, in turn, that stupid. I do think he's playing dumb in order to make yet another inane political point (which obviously falls flat on its own face).

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me pretending to be Rush:


You're missing the point Craig, abstinence works EVERY time, you admitted it yourself! Abstinence is therefore the only thing that should be taught to teens.


Hah, even that hurt my brain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home