Wednesday, November 08, 2006



Definition of "Rush To The Bottom"
Why are we here?



Time and time again, I argue with my grandmother about politics, and time and time again she'll start quoting from that Conservative Mouthpiece, Mr. Rush Limbaugh. Then I dissect Rush's arguments, bust them down, and there's nothing left, but Mr. Limbaugh's hot air. That is pretty much what I intend to do with this blog.

But Craig, Why would you take on such an easy target? Well folks, that's exactly my problem here. Rush SHOULD be an easy target. The problems in his research, reasoning, and ideaology are so obviously flawed that there's no reason why this blog should have to exist. And yet, Rush is promoted and quoted. Rush is held up as a paragon of Right Wing ethos. Rush is wildly popular. In fact, when all avenues of reason have been explored and I've destroyed Rush's arguments where they breath, the most popular argument my Grandmother comes back with is Rush's popularity, as if this gives him validity, gravitas, righteousness, or a mandate. And besides, Why should Al Franken get all the fun?

I want this blog to be a place you can come for talking points on Rush's talking points. I want this blog to be a place where you can submit your own ideas where Rush and the Right Ethos fails. Most of all, I want this blog to be an exercise in the obvious, an exploration of the things that SHOULD be occuring to the majority of the Nation as they listen to bloviating gasbags like Limbaugh rant on with sound and fury signaling nothing. That is, if they can exercise a bit of education and common sense. If we can all learn to use just another ounce of reason, we can finally turn the radio off (or at least WABC) and put this very blog out of business. Then maybe I can finally get to writing about sandwiches.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think his show sucks and needs to b cancelled and a fat bastard

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

former drug user he is his show needs to be taken off asap a pure loser

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

band his talk show how many time hes been married

 

Post a Comment

<< Home